Online Banking Security
The Cornerstone Bank uses the most advanced security available on the Internet today. All sensitive information is encrypted and online access requires a Personal ID and a password known only to you. (Note: Only valid account-holders should know the Online Banking ID and Online Banking PIN.) Designed and tested with and by industry experts, The Cornerstone Bank's On-line Banking state-of-the-art technologies will protect your information.
Government regulators oversee all of our banking operations including Online Banking. In addition, government agencies regularly audit our operations to ensure we comply with the best business practices and the law.
Besides the security measures already mentioned, we employ internal bank controls to ensure optimum security for your Online Banking.
At The Cornerstone Bank, we recognize security concerns and we are serious about security issues. In addition to our high security standards offline, we incorporate many security tiers into the Cornerstone Bank Online Banking system. Every possible effort is made to ensure that your account information is protected from unauthorized access. For questions regarding security issues, please call 417 762-3257 and ask for Customer Service.
SSL and Firewalls
The Cornerstone Bank Online Banking is accessed through a Secure Socket Layer (or SSL). This means all data transmitted to or from The Cornerstone Bank's computer system is encrypted using the most sophisticated security available to protect your money and privacy. Several firewalls exist to prevent unauthorized access to the system and to ensure your information is accessible only by using a correct Online Banking ID and Online Banking PIN.
Netscape Navigator: Upon entering https://www.netteller.com/thecornerstonebank/ users with older versions of Netscape will find a key in the lower left corner switching from broken to a complete key indicating a secure connection.
On newer versions of Netscape a lock in the lower right corner will switch from open to closed. The key will remain complete or the lock will remain closed as long as you remain in the Cornerstone Bank website or if you log into Online Banking using your ID and PIN.
Microsoft Internet Explorer: Upon entering https://www.netteller.com/thecornerstonebank/ users will find a completely closed lock in the lower right corner indicating a secure connection. The lock will remain closed as long as you remain in the Cornerstone Bank website or if you log into Online Banking using your ID and PIN.
Protecting Information Online
It is very important that only you know your User ID and Password. This is the only way your account may be accessed. Three (3) unsuccessful attempts will lock out the User from accessing their account. If a user becomes locked out, they must call the Cornerstone Bank Customer Service Department at 417 762-3257.
The Cornerstone Bank does not solicit information (SSN, account numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, etc) by means of email. If you receive an email requesting confidential information from someone claiming to represent The Cornerstone Bank, do not respond to the email. Please call 417 762-3257 to report any solicitation of this kind that you receive.
Automatic Log Off
After a period of inactivity, the system will automatically log you off and force you to re-enter your User ID and Password.
Your Role in Security
- Choose a good Personal Identification Number! You should carefully select a PIN that is hard to guess and never use a word that can be found in the dictionary.
- Memorize your PIN! Even the best PIN is worthless if it's written on a note attached to your computer or an entry in your checkbook.
- Do not share your Online Banking PIN with anyone else. Your PIN is designed to protect the privacy of your banking information, but it will only work if you keep it to yourself. If you think your PIN has been compromised, change it immediately online and immediately contact the Bank. Call us at 417 762-3257 or send us a note using the tab labeled Contact Us near the top of our web page.
- Change your Login ID and PIN as often as you wish. (We recommend changing your PIN at least once each month.)
- Don't leave your computer unattended during an Online Banking session - click on "exit" to end your session.
- Once you have finished conducting your banking online, always sign off before visiting other Internet sites.
- If anyone else has access to your computer, clear your browser's cache in order to eliminate copies of Web pages that have been stored on your hard drive.
- Avoid using Public Internet Access Terminals when conducting your Online Banking.
Important Note: While we continue to do everything possible to ensure the security of our system, we are not responsible for any breach of security that is outside of our control.